Chief Constable Matt Baggott oversaw the irrational HET report

5 Years Later: McGurk’s Bar Families Still in Court Fighting Irrational Police Probe

The McGurk’s Bar families are in High Court on Friday (29th January 2016) against the Chief Constable of the Police Service Northern Ireland (PSNI) seeking a Judicial Review of an irrational report by the police’s Historical Enquiries Team (HET). It will be 5 years ago next month that the former Chief Constable of the Police […]

Chief Constable Promises “Substantive Developments” in McGurk’s Bar Case

The Chief Constable of the Police Service of Northern Ireland has promised “substantive developments”in the McGurk’s Bar case sitting in the High Court tomorrow (25th September 2015). It is a High Court case which the so-called police service forced our families to take in order to quash the ludicrous FOURTH report by the police’s Historical […]

Facing the Questions of the Past

Families of those murdered in the 1971 McGurk’s Bar bombing are to ask the PSNI Chief Constable George Hamilton for a meeting following the debate held in St Mary’s College on Thursday 6th August, as part of Féile an Phobail. Robert Mc Clenaghan who spoke at the packed public meeting said: “It is very important […]

McGurk’s Bar and Media Disinformation – The Newsletter

On Monday 6th December, less than 48 hours after the McGurk’s Bar Massacre, the Newsletter published disinformation from the RUC. What is more sinister about this is that the present day investigations by the likes of the failed Historical Enquiries Team tried to say that there was no proof  that the Royal Ulster Constabulary had […]

The Times, Wednesday 8th December 1971

Six Pub Blast Victims Buried in Belfast

For such a short article, its words resounded as I worked this evening, and not only because it recounted the funerals of six of the fifteen victims of the McGurk’s Bar bombing including my own grandmother, Kathleen Irvine.   Blogger John  Ó Néill sent me this article from The Irish Times of Wednesday 8th December, […]

An Taoiseach Enda Kenny speaks to the crowd at Dublin and Monaghan Commemoration

Baby Doherty – 40 Years On and Still No Truth

A poem written in memory of Baby Doherty and recited at the 40th anniversary of the Dublin and Monaghan Bombings   Baby Doherty And it was never known if I was boy or girl Never placed on the public record. I wasn’t even a statistic. I wasn’t counted in the cold numbers of the dead. […]

Time for Truth

McGurk’s Bar in the News

Below is a news review of the last few months regarding McGurk’s Bar and our campaign for truth. To court we go…   1st May 2014  BBC: McGurk’s Bar bombing families to sue government. Read more… 30th April 2014  BBC: McGurk’s Bar bombing: 69 year-old released. Read more… 30th April 2014 Irish Post: 69 year-old man […]

Amnesty International - Northern Ireland: Time To Deal with the Past

Amnesty International and McGurk’s Bar

In June 2012, we met with renowned researchers from Amnesty International and told them our story. They went away and investigated the service journey we have suffered with the state authorities. In September of this year, Amnesty International released Northern Ireland: Time to Deal With The Past, a withering indictment of the state’s failure to […]

Another Year… And We Are Still Waiting

ESTRAGON: (having tried in vain to work it out). I’m tired! (Pause.) Let’s go. VLADIMIR: We can’t. ESTRAGON: Why not? VLADIMIR: We’re waiting for Godot.   This time last year we launched our book at the historic Clifton House on North Queen Street which is just down the road from where McGurk’s Bar once stood. […]

PageLines